Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sailing Vessel 'Word Play'

So this marks the start of what is intended to be a log, of sorts, of our sailing and cruising in and around the Galveston Bay area.  We are the Word family in S/V Word Play (pun intended), a 2013 Jeanneau 379.  She became part of the family in June of 2013 after a moment of weakness at the Southwest International Boat Show.  And by weakness I mean on the part of my wife.  We (i.e. I) had been looking for the past three years at buying a sailboat, using the time to slowly grind her down.  And, to my surprise, she said yes at the show so you better believe I grabbed the nearest broker on the dock and bought whatever he had for sale right then and there.  That whole wear her down and trick her into saying yes reminds me of the story of our engagement...





No comments:

Post a Comment