Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Getting the Kids Onboard

To our two and five year old girls it doesn't take much to spark an adventure.  So when something like a sailboat comes along, to them, it's big time.  Heck, to me it's big time.

They wore their life jackets around the house for a week after we took delivery of the boat.  I believe there was an incident involving our two year old refusing to take it off, even when faced with a trip to the grocery store with mom.  And that's why we're not allowed into Kroger anymore.


It is not uncommon for them to ask if we can sleep on the boat tonight.  This question usually gets posed on a Tuesday at 7:00pm.  Of course my response is "awesome, let's go!"  This is shortly followed by my wife raining blows down upon me since the girls (and maybe me) are inconsolable when learning that it's bed time in our boring landlubber beds.




No comments:

Post a Comment